The Boston Center for Ambulatory Surgery
170 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (617) 267-0710
COVID-19 Office Visit Protocol
To Our Patients,
To make your visit to our office as safe as possible, we are requiring you to follow our protocol prior to and during your appointment. These recommendations come from the American Society of Anesthesia and the Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation. The dynamic nature of the COVID-19 crisis will likely necessitate ongoing assessment of new trends, new data and new testing and the considerations below will be reviewed regularly and updated a, as necessary. Please read in detail in preparation for your appointment.
YOU SHOULD POSTPONE YOUR OFFICE VISIT IF:
PRIOR TO YOU OFFICE VISIT:
- You have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have unexplained fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, fatigue, headache, sore throat and/or new loss of taste or smell within the prior 2 weeks, loss of appetite, blue or blistered toes, stuffy nose, diarrhea. Please see your primary care physician for evaluation.
- Shower the morning you are scheduled for your office visit.
- You MUST wear you own mask to the appointment, if not, we will NOT be able to see you.
- DO NOT arrive early for your appointment. Our offices and examination rooms are open and cleaned after each patient, but our waiting room will not be open to wait in. We are planning our schedule so each patient can bee seen, exit, and the room cleaned and ready so the next patient can walk in our front door and directly into the examination room. Arriving early will necessitate waiting outside until our room is ready.
- Minimize what you bring to our office.
- Arrive ALONE, we cannot accommodate any guests at this time. ONLY the patient having the appointment will be allowed in the examination room. Please let staff know if you require a translator or service for a disability. Arrangements will be made to provide services over telephone or video conference. People waiting for the patient must wait in their cars.
- Immediately inside our front door will be a table with hand sanitizer on it. Please wash your hands with the hand sanitizer prior to coming into the examination room. Our front desk assistant will take your temperature and measure your pulse and oxygen saturation level.
- At the conclusion of your appointment, please leave through the same doors you entered.
As always, do not hesitate to be in contact with us should you have additional questions or concerns.